Who is IC Markets?
IC Markets is one of the world's True ECN forex broker providing trading solution for active day traders and scalpers as well as traders that are new to forex market. It offers its clients cutting edge trading platforms, low latency connectivity and superior liquidity: online traders are now able to gain access to pricing and liquidity previously only available to investment banks and high net worth individuals.
Is IC Markets regulated?
IC Markets is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) and meets strict capital requirements. When funding your trading account client funds are held in segregated client trust accounts with Australian banks. IC Markets does not use these funds for any purpose other than to maintain margin needed to cover positions opened by clients.
What are IC Markets strengths?
- Lower spreads: it has invested heavily in technology and established strong relationships with the largest and most reliable liquidity providers. Is is constantly adding additional liquidity to its True ECN trading environment in order to bring traders the best possible forex trading conditions.
- Faster execution: it utilises enterprise grade hardware on its trade servers in the NY4 & LD5 data centre in New York & London respectively. Its trader servers are collocated with its ECN engine and liquidity providers in these data centres. Dedicated fibre optic cross connects to its ECN and liquidity providers ensures the lowest latency and fastest possible trade execution for its clients.
- Superior technology: it has partnered with the world’s best trading technology companies to bring you the ultimate trading environment and cutting edge trading tools, these tools include: Depth of Market (DoM), inbuilt spread monitoring, ladder trading, automated close of trades with custom order templates and more.
- Better fills: clients can be filled on trade sizes from 1 micro lot (1,000 base currency) to 1,000 lots (100 million base currency) through its ECN. Its ECN sorts and ranks prices to allow real-time execution of large trades over multiple liquidity providers and their pricing tiers, this ensures the best price for any trade size.
- Competitive trading conditions: its True ECN trading environment has been created with traders in mind. There are no restriction on trading: no minimum order distance (trades can even be placed within the spread), scalping, hedging and automated trading are all allowed. Its True ECN account spreads start at 0.0 pips, it has flexible leverage options offering up to 500:1 and accepts deposits in 9 major currencies.
What is an ECN?
ECN stands for electronic communications network. It is the technology the allows price makers to send executable streaming prices (ESPs, aka bids and offers) to the market, constructing a virtual order book in much the same fashion as a stock exchange would. A price maker is any participant of that ECN that has liquidity to offer in the form of a bid or offer. By constructing a virtual order book with price makers consisting primarily of Tier-1 banks, IC Markets is able to offer extremely deep liquidity with some of the best top of book pricing (spreads) globally.
Can I use another broker instead IC Markets?
What should I do to open an IC Markets ECN account?
How can I fund my True ECN trading account?
You can choose different payment methods to fund your account like credit card, bank wire or online payment processors (ex. PayPal, Skrill, etc.). Using an online payment processor accelerate funding and withdrawing time.
Do I need to install something on my computer?
No. After you have registered for a True ECN account and funded it, you only need to save your trading account credentials and use them during the connecting procedure with Signal Start.